Pages

Productivity Tips From Experts 3

Omer Perchik, Founder and CEO of Any.Do

Omer Perchik is founder and CEO of Any.Do, a suite of apps under the Any.Do umbrella, including Any.Do iPhone app, Android app, and Any.Do Chrome plugin.
JD: In building the Any.Do software and apps, what have you found that people need to do to be more organized and productive?
 
OP: The most productive people, we've found, are those who have two main habits. First, they know their capabilities. They might have only three tasks, or five tasks, or just one task in a day depending on how big those tasks are. Second, they turn task management into a habit, and they usually turn to their tasks around 8AM every single morning.
The most productive people are those who have strong habits about being productive. Yoga, sports, going into your task-management app at the same time every day… it's having the self-discipline to do it every day. The focus point should be less about the method—whether it's the Getting Things Done (GTD) method or something else—and more about how you can you create a habit to be more productive. How do you open your to-do app every morning? How to you put everything from your mind into the app and take the time to prioritize it? That's the big challenge in this space: to turn it into a habit.

JD: Can you share two or three tips and tricks for productivity and organization that you personally use?
 
OP: One of the most productive things to me is my desk always being organized. It's a psychological thing. I mentioned knolling [last time we spoke], which gives me the sense that everything is organized. To be productive, you need to be organized. When I have organization in my head and in my workspace, I can do the things I need to do. I need to have the mindset to be able to accomplish my tasks.
A second trick is that I use Any.Do to plan my day.
And third, I use noise-canceling headphones (Bose), which keep me laser-focused on the things I need to do.
For me, it's all about getting into the "getting things done zone." Those headphones are the best. I put those headphones on, and it isolates me from the world, and I can come into the office at 8 a.m. and end at 1 p.m. feeling like I have finished a complete day, and yet I still have a few hours when I can be open to having interactions with other people.
If I had a formula for getting into the "getting things done zone," I would have written a book or patented it, but I think it's different for everyone.

Next: Eric Morgan, CEO of AtTask

Source: pcmag.com
Productivity Tips From Experts